Saturday 5 May 2012

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum





"And they call this a mine... A MINE!!!"
               "...This is no mine, it's a TOMB!"               
                                                              - Gimli and Boromir, The Fellowship of the Ring


Lord Of The Rings: Scenery - The Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum

I haven't posted for a while, so thought I would post my Mines of Moria board which I use at home (I can bring this into club if anyone wants to use it).  I have placed 5 or 6 warbands on the board to show the scale - these include warriors and Trolls as well as the hero's, captains and Shaman.


I love Lord of the Rings and have just started Strategy Battle Game, having been and still am an avid WotR player. I am in the process of writing my first LOTR SBG Battle Report - Mordor and the Witch King v Gondor with Boromir.  This will allow me to extending my gaming with both mass pitch battles and smaller skirmish games.


LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria

LOTR: Scenery - The King of Moria, Khazad Dum

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum

I have added some extra photos that were on my camera of the ruins I have that go with my Mines of Moria / Khazad Dum board.  There are so many combinations with the different rooms, tombs and pillars that I could lay them out to be different areas of the Mines of Moria.

I want to create the great steps and Bridge of Khazad Dum (as in the old rule books) but will have to wait until after Christmas 2012 for that, still I have been collecting the Styrofoam and foam packaging sheets in order to create it...

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Balin's Tomb

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Door to Balin's Tomb

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, The Old Well

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Old Camp Fire

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Trap Door

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Pillar

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum Door


LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria,  Tomb/room


LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum
 
LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, The Khazad Hall

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum Room

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum in Ruins

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum Corner


LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum Great Pillars

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum Old Tomb Room

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum in Ruins


LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum Ruins

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum -
or the Ruins of Osgiliath

LOTR: Scenery - Mines of Moria, Khazad Dum - alternate layout
or the Ruins of Osgiliath



We are about to start playing LOTR SBG - both skirmish battles and walk through the books/films each Monday night and WotR on club nights and our array of battle boards, scenery, castles and even Helms Deep add to the realistic battle scenes.

We welcome anyone interested in playing Lotr SBG, WotR or any warhammer/40K battle - why not let us know so that we can arrange some starter battles, like the one above, or if you/your club want to challenge us. We have all the LOTR SBG figures and LOTR scenery from the Mines of Moria to the siege of Helms Deep ready and waiting. 


Feel free to contact us to come along or arrange a game.


East Grinstead War Gaming club
Sussex 


No comments:

Post a Comment